Event is FINISHED
Year-End/Christmas Read-Aloud Party + Book Swap
Come join our year-end/Christmas read-aloud party and book swap!
Format of event
- This time we invite you to read aloud anything you like! Bring a short piece, about 3 to 5 minutes long, to share. It doesn’t have to be Christmas-themed.
- We’ll also be hosting a book swap for those interested. Bring a book (*whispers* or two) to swap with others. If there are no takers for your book by the end of the event, we ask that you kindly take it home.
- There will be food and drinks at the party. Should you wish to bring a contribution, we <3 you deep deep. But bring yourself for sure! We want to meet you!
- Please take a moment to update the organizer via Peatix or readaloudsg AT gmail DOT com if you cannot make it to the event.
- The party will take place in an open air pavilion at Fort Canning. We will be sheltered from sun and rain. (See a picture of the pavilion below.)
- We are meeting at the pavilion (circled in blue) located between the Gothic Gate closest to Carpark A and the “Together” sculpture in the ASEAN Sculpture Garden. The pavilion faces the back entrance of National Museum of Singapore.
If you are coming by bus or MRT, an easy way to walk to the pavilion is to make your way to the National Museum of Singapore first. At Level 3, next to the children’s playroom (called "Play@NMS"), there is an exit that opens to Canning Rise road. Take this exit, cross the road, keep walking straight ahead and you’ll see the Gothic Gate, Carpark A and the pavilion. (On the map this route is marked in blue.)
Want to find more groups and events like this?